LTC+: Acting on Pandemic Learning Together
LTC+: Acting on Pandemic Learning Together supports teams delivering healthcare for older adults in congregate settings – staff, managers, policy makers, family and caregiver partners and others who are all working hard to manage tough situations now, while also trying to look and plan ahead.
The program is designed to be flexible to allow homes to quickly implement changes through a menu of virtual offerings: webinar learning series, national huddles, coaching, peer support and funding.
The LTC+ coaches are working across the country to support teams with change management and/or quality improvement expertise.
Teams that join LTC+ by February 26, 2021 are eligible to receive:
- One on one coaching – up to three hours with a change management / QI coach
- Hub Coaching – join a hub of five or more teams for calls every two weeks with a coach, for coaching and peer-to-peer learning
- Both one on one and hub coaching
Teams that register by February 26, 2021 can apply for up to $10,000 to use where they feel the need is the greatest in their facility. This could include (but is not limited to) vaccine planning and roll-out, contributions towards additional staff time, mental health training/support and/or equipment to support virtual care needs.
Teams that would like access to funding and coaching are asked to identify their improvement objectives through a self-assessment. Teams located in British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan will need to complete a self-assessment specific to their province. Funding and coaching will be awarded based on the outcome of a merit review process which includes assessment against the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed self-assessment with at least one identified area for improvement
- Completion of the self-assessment in partnership with a resident/family member or care partner, or clear plan to engage a resident/family partner or care partner in the improvement work
- Leadership support for the implementation of a promising practice
If you have any questions or would like assistance with your registration, please reach out via LTC-SLD@cfhi-fcass.ca.